Monday, November 2, 2009

Scattered Passions

Usually, my interests, while staying the same in the back of my mind, take their turns in being first in my thoughts. For example, during theater camp last summer, my most common interest was in musical theater. I got little or no writing done. Then the next month, I was very focused on writing and musical theater was virtually ignored. At times, cooking comes to the front, or reading, or designing. 
Oddly though, at the moment, and for the last few days, I have felt drawn to all my interests at once. I feel a great desire to cook something amazing, I want to draw new designs and copy costumes again, I have been thinking a lot about reading (although I haven't done any), I have had inspiration on a new story and enjoyed adding to it, and I have thought much about dance and musical theater since I am currently choreographing some dances and preparing for more. That was a really long sentence, but you get the picture. My focus is currently scattered liberally but equally among all my main fields of interest. That's pretty darn rare for me. I'm rather enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment