Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Three Cheers for Me!

Ahhhhhhh.........
A feeling of accomplishment washes over me.
Or rather washed. It's sort of faded away now. I mean, you can't be relieved forever. 
Anyway, to explain my sudden feeling of relief, I shall inform you that I have at last completed all the choreography for the three dances in our church's magnificent Christmas program. That would be about twelve minutes of dancing, often double-parted, for about a dozen performers. One on pointe, one ballet, and one stylized lyrical. Choreography 90% my own. Am I glad I'm done? Oh yeah.
Now there is just the job of teaching the others everything left and perfecting it... in less than three weeks. Everything has to come together: the extended stage, the orchestra and choir, the soloists, the costumes and overlays, the candles, the entrances, the staging, etc. I could look at all of that and then glance at my timeline and end by panicking. But I would rather assume it will all come together wonderfully in the end - just like it always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment