Saturday, November 28, 2009

How Droll

Apparently, I am easily amused. I suppose I've always known this, but it didn't recently come to light until work the other day. I was exclaiming over the amazing principalities of a booklight that springs up to just the right angle when you press a button. My manager added it to his list of "Things that easily amuse Kaylee." I had to agree. And it got me thinking.
I think I've always been that way. I was the kid who would stare at the grass, waiting for a bug crawling through to make it move a little. I would stare at the carpet too. Don't ask me why; we rarely had bugs in our house. Once, I laid on my front lawn for a good half hour listening to the wind. It was great, until a guy driving by stopped and asked if I was all right. I guess I looked unconscious or something.
And so it has continued. I can sit in my chair in my room and stare out my window for an hour without moving. Seems like I'm doing nothing, but my mind is extremely active. I love to think, and I love silence. Those two ingredients make doing nothing, or being amused by insignificance, easy and enjoyable for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment