Friday, November 27, 2009

My Not-so Birthday

Surprisingly, since I can be a bit vain, I have no problem overlooking my birthday. It's not one of those "women don't like to get older" things. After all, I'm only seventeen (that's new!). Maybe it's because I don't like being the center of attention unless I am performing. I need a script or a choreographed stage movement in order to enjoy having everyone look at me. I find it awkward when everyone watches me open my presents. So I prefer to make no big deal out of it, but let others do what they want.
So I guess I'm lucky (or blessed) to have been born around Thanksgiving. The rush of the holiday, even though it isn't nearly as busy as Christmas, takes away some of the attention that normally is lavished on the birthday girl. I don't mind having no special cake, I never have parties, and I'm okay with opening presents on Thanksgiving. God apparently knew what He was doing when He matched my birthday with my personality. Good to know He is in control of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment