Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fish - And Liking It

Guess what? I thought of the subject I wanted to write about a few days ago, then forgot about. I remembered! 
Do you know how when you leave a window open at night and the light is on inside, you can see everything inside the house? My sister refers to this as being a "fish in a fishbowl." Whatever you do is on display for the neighbors and passers-by. Is it extremely weird that I purposely leave my window open so that they can see me? 
Seriously, I secretly love leaving the blinds up and the light on in the room. I want people to see what I am doing, and, believe it or not, I even put on shows for them. I guess it comes from my joy in performing. It doesn't matter that there's no audience; I just pretend that someone is watching. It can be anyone - my choice (which makes it even more fun). Then I will dance, sing, act, or just sit and stare back at them. The best part about not knowing for sure if anyone is watching is being able to do anything. I never have to worry about making a mistake, or looking silly, or doing something weird. 
So every time someone walks by my room and shouts "Fish in a fishbowl!" (this is usually one and the same person), I begrudgingly lower the curtain on my act. No worries. There will always be another showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment