Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Best Feeling In the World

What is the best feeling in the world?

Wow. Is that debatable or what? But I guess I can say what my best feeling of today was. At approximately four o'clock this afternoon, I wrote the final words on my second novel. It took me until 5:30 to grammar and spell check it though. Either way, today I finished my novel. It was definitely a glorious feeling. Now pardon me while I go to a two minute victory dance in celebration.
Okay I'm back. That may have been a really cool feeling, but it gives way to not-so-cool ones. Like the thought that now I have to print it out and send it out to editors. That's not so bad since my editors are my friends. The next step is editing though, and that can be very boring. In addition, I am going to send out my first novel to more agents and companies while I'm waiting for the second to be edited. This is a dreaded job because even if I think my novel is amazing, I never feel entirely pleased with my query. However, if I ever want publication I have to keep trying until I get it. Never give up!
Of course, there's one more thing finishing one's second novel gives way to: starting the third. Luckily, I can wait a few months on that or even to the end of the year. Writing my third novel will be difficult since it is supposed to be very deep and spiritual. I think I need to grow a little more.
But all in all, it was a nice feeling. To have two completed novels before you are even 17 is awfully encouraging. But the best feeling in the world? When an agent calls to tell me they want to by my manuscript!!

No comments:

Post a Comment