Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'll Take a Pig Snort and a Punch in the Stomach

Who knew that you could shop for sound affects? Well, to answer myself, probably anyone who has ever made a film of any kind. For me though, there is another purpose. Those handy previews of the sounds are just right for thinking through an exact noise. Then, I'll be able to write it down better than before. Describing a sound is difficult, especially in writing when you can't use expressions like "whoosh, bang, phhhsshhhshttt" as much. It's even harder when you don't really know what it sounds like in the first place. I mean, I've never actually heard someone get cracked over the head with a baseball bat. I know a few people who I could try it out on... *ahem* maybe not.
So, my thanks goes to Donita Paul for suggesting a sound affects shop website.

No comments:

Post a Comment