Sunday, December 20, 2009

So Long, Sonny!

He said he loved me.

Not that I believed him. Despite my sudden flightiness due to vulnerability, I have not become a ridiculous teenage girl. It is idiocy to think a sixteen-year-old guy can love you. When I read the message, I laughed. Laughed because it was unexpected. Laughed because it was unneeded. Laughed because it was hilarious. 
I didn't need that love. I don't need that love. My family loves me and God loves me, so why would I need a random guy's confession of commitment? Especially when it falls so short of true commitment. Is this reeking of bitterness? It sort of sounds like it, but honestly, I do not care enough to be bitter. 
I'm not sorry about that month in my life. God taught me an important lesson without letting me go so far as to truly regret anything. My mistakes are minimal. Our informal relationship was exactly what I longed for; we never even kissed. So the consequences are brought on purely from my own mind. The punishment: realized that for a short time in my life, I acted like a normal teenage girl: unconfident, in need of attention, starving for attraction. I dislike that greatly. I have never been normal, and I want to keep it that way. 
But let me continue to my main thoughtline for starting this post. What was he thinking when he said he loved me? What was his plan for those words? What is he thinking now, with a new girlfriend only two weeks after I told him to buzz off? I would love to ask him. Specifically, this is what I would say: "So were you lying when you said you loved me, or does your love just fade and change that quickly?"
I would love to hear his response.
I would love to get up the nerve.
It's not that I want him back. I don't even know what I ever saw in him. Sure, I want him to regret losing me. What girl wouldn't? Even the abnormal can't help wanting to be desired. I just wish teens nowadays would realize what all the word LOVE entails. It's huge. Bigger than their maturity can allow their hearts to stretch. And it is being so misused by teenagers around America. If I could change anything in the world, maybe I would make everyone realize the exact definition of love, and act accordingly.

For now...
I'm gonna wash ALL men right out of my hair, and send them on their way!
Wait - not all MEN. I'll take the men. It's the boys, guys, jerks, and idiots that I would like to do away with.

No comments:

Post a Comment