Thursday, December 31, 2009

Auld Lang Syne!

Today is the last day of 2009 - the last day of the decade. A day of great emotion. A day to look back in memory and forward in expectation. To consider your mistakes and put them behind you. To imagine your coming triumphs! To-

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So another year has passed and another is coming. Same thing happens about every 365 days. I could say I feel sad that another year has passed, or excited about the new year coming, or scared of the great speed of time, but I won't because I don't. Not that I have something against those feelings. Go ahead and have them if you can! Lucky you! I just feel nothing. I never feel anything, so I'm pretty used to it. Every year on my birthday or the new year, I don't dwell on the fact that I'm older or another year has passed. When Christmas or vacation ends, I don't get the blues because it's all over. Some people may think that's a blessing. Some may say it's a curse. 

I'm undecided. Ask me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment