Monday, April 19, 2010

My Guy

Here are some things that I want in a man. Some of them petty, some of them deep, but all purely me nonetheless.

Well-expressed-
This means more than talking about his emotions and thoughts. In fact, I want a guy who does not talk much; chatter drives me crazy. I want someone who feels free to express himself through his words, actions, movements, eyes, and even his silence. A comfortable silence can speak so many words.

Well-groomed hair-
Frankly, I want him to be well-groomed all over, but specifically, hair is important. I mean, what girl doesn't long to run her hands through a guy's hair and twirl the strands around her fingers. Petty, yes. But I want it anyway.

Organized, but spontaneous-
I tend to be an organized person. I like things to be in their places and on time. But I also have a don't-care-about-anything attitude that yearns for spontenaity and fun. A guy is going to have to keep me interested and excited, but he cannot make my life into a chaotic mess. Orderly fun?

Expressive eyes-
Sure I already said this, but I want to stress it. I don't care what color, shape, size, or deepness his eyes are, but he better be able to express himself in the way he looks at me. I want to see how he feels just by looking into his eyes.

Manliness that is aware of feminist movements-
I believe a man should be a leader in the home. Spiritually, he should be the head. Over the family, over the wife, over the finances. I want a man who treats me like a woman. On the other hand, I can be quite independent and I'm not sure how well I will be able to depend completely on a man. So he needs to be aware and open to giving me opportunity. Sometimes, I have to be a strong, leading woman.

A perfect devil-
Okay, so maybe that's a little strong. But honestly, I don't think I could stand one of those goody-two-shoes guys (not to use the term insultingly - I've been called that enough to know it's not nice). As Anne Shirley says, "I want him to be able to be wicked." At the same time, of course I want an angel.

That is my list for now, in no way encompassing everything I desire. There are natural deeper things, like a strong relationship with the Lord and enough ambition to have gotten or be getting him somewhere in life. But those are a few things.
Basically, I need a guy who is a contradiction - just like me. Good luck with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment