Thursday, March 25, 2010

Book Bouncing

As usual, I am jumping from one idea to the next as the waterfall out of my head has a rather erratic flow. But hey, that's the joy of it all.
Recently, I had a great idea for a new story, which may become one, two, or even three books. I spent time inspiring with a friend and got the basics of the background down - something I generally like to do on fantasy stories. I don't like starting the book and finding out there's something I don't know about my own worlds. I have my main characters, the basic emotional and spiritual conflicts, the purpose of the story, and much of the physical conflict along the way. I even have some exact scenes and dialogues stored in my mind.
However, it was not to be. Not at this moment anyway. It's still there, and sometime someday I will write it. But I got another idea for yet another story, and once again I'm off! This one is a historical fiction romance set at the turn on the 19th century. Therefore, since the majority of my research was concluded in my history book, I can press on with this one. I have the prologue and half of the first chapter written already. I feel like I can finish this one, but then that's what I thought about the last half dozen. Yes, I do have a half dozen half-finished stories in my shelves, just waiting for me to get inspiration. I wish you could buy it in capsules.
But why look back? I shall now look forward and remember that I know just what to write on my current story. So time to let the thoughts flow out!

No comments:

Post a Comment